Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Style - A Paris Style Apartment

I believe that attitude is the most important thing in home design.  I have this apartment that I thought was too small, when my husband said something about it being a Paris pied a terre.  Suddenly, I thought the place was incredibly spacious!  Instead of trying to keep the place spare of excess furniture and decor, I went for it and filled the place up with comfortable furniture and pictures.  

It was important that there was a comfortable place to sit and put your feet up.  I had this great old sofa that I re-purposed to this place, and then went shopping for that perfect durable coffee table that I could basically abuse with feet, food, computer, etc.  I was having trouble finding the right table when I spied these benches at World Market.  They were designed to be used with a dining table, but putting two of them together, I have the perfect table, at a really good price!


  The splurge for the dining area was the incredible picture above the side table.  My husband and I both fell in love with this 68" by 68" picture when we first saw it at Restoration Hardware.  I think it defines the dining area, don't you?  


A vignette of favorite trinkets makes me happy when I see it.  The box came from Three Fairies Couture.   The keys came from Kirklands.  

I found this pair of heads years ago in an antique shop.  They were not antiques, just some kind of heavy resin, but I fell in love with them, and knew they would add an architectural interest to wherever I hung them.  This is the third home my old men have 'lived' in now.    
My dining table was something I saw in Ballard Design years ago, but I didn't have the budget or the space for it.  When I finally got to that point in my life when I could afford the table, Ballard Design no longer had it featured in their catalog.  I called and talked to them, and was amazed to learn, they had the mold and would make me one!  I finally have my beautiful swan! 



Wherever you live, however big or small your space is, make it your own, a place that you will always enjoy coming home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment