Monday, February 27, 2012

Exciting Event!

Hi friends!  I was so lucky last evening to get to attend a very special dinner at Disney's Design & Display Warehouse in Orlando, Florida!  This is the place that creates all the exciting backdrops, props and display tables for Disney banquets and conventions.  You can just imagine all the fantastic stuff in their warehouse.  Unfortunately, the warehouse is considered a 'backstage' area, and I was not able to take pictures in there.  I knew that ahead of time, so I did not take my camera, but then I saw their offices, and found out I COULD take pictures in there.  Please don't mind the camera phone pictures, and enjoy!  


d
The lobby of the warehouse is all in black and white and grey.  Don't you love this Dalmation print sofa?


Each designer was allowed to design and decorate their office to their individual liking...
This is one designer's office!

He is obviously a Star Wars fan!
His desk. 
Darth Vader watches him work!

So sorry for the blurry pictures...I was overwhelmed (and afraid they were going to tell me to stop taking pictures at any minute!
Prop representing Plane Crazy



These are large prop pieces representing Plane Crazy, an early Mickey Mouse black and white animated short.  









The most exciting part that we could photograph was their conference room...all themed to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!  Pictures coming later today!  


One of the chairs in the conference room.
The ceiling in the conference room. It is a chess board with chess pieces in white and red, of course!

A tiny door built into toe corner of the conference room!

No comments:

Post a Comment